‘巾帼英雄 Heroine’ Making Process | Chinese Mythology Character Sculpture
This is a very special piece for me, so I’m posting it on my birthday! I’m turning 26, can’t believe I started all this when I was 21, freshly out of college. It’s been a wonderful journey. Thank you so much for all your love and support in the past few years!
The character is inspired by my childhood heroine Hua Mulan. For those of you who don’t know, Hua Mulan is a legendary fictional female warrior from an ancient Chinese folk story ‘木兰辞’ The Ballad of Mulan. Growing up in China, we had to study and memorize the entire ballad for exams in school. Whenever I think about a powerful female figure, Hua Mulan is the first to come to mind. I want to create a series of characters based on legendary fictional figures in Chinese mythology and literature, for example, The Monkey King, Nezha, Bai Suzhen, etc. Hope you guys are excited about it!
Size: Approx. 9″L x 13″W x 16″H
Medium: Epoxy clay.
▶︎ For more exclusive video content please visit – https://www.patreon.com/tinayuart
What type of clay do you use?
– Epoxy clay (Apoxie Sculpt, white).
What do you use to smooth out the clay?
What did you use to mask out the eyes when airbrushing?
– Fineline Masking Fluid Pen.
What paint do you use?
– Golden Acrylics.
What airbrush do you use?
– Iwata Neo CN Gravity-Feed Airbrush.
Gold paint you used in the video?
– Golden Fluid Acrylics in iridescent gold deep.
What glue do you use to attach crystals?
– E6000. Don’t forget to use it in a well-ventilated room and wear a mask while using it. 🙂
What did you use to seal your sculptures?
– Golden Matte Varnish Spray for the whole sculpture. Golden Gloss Varnish for the armor and headpiece. Epoxy resin for the sword.
What did you use for the eyelashes?
– Individual synthetic false eyelashes. And I dipped it in Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue. Afterward, I sealed the eyes with UV resin. *note: attach the eyelashes after spray varnishing.
▶︎ STAY IN TOUCH
SHOP ‣ http://www.tinayuartist.com/new-products-1/
INSTAGRAM ‣ https://www.instagram.com/tina.yu.artist/
WEIBO ‣ https://www.weibo.com/tinayuartist
For Business Inquiries & Collaborations:
Epidemic Sound Music – http://www.epidemicsound.com
#painting #sculpting #mulan #artvideo