MY TOP 10 TIPS FOR BEGINNER ARTISTS
PRINTS OF THIS PAINTING AVAILABLE IN MY SHOP! https://www.sarucatepes.com/shop
Hey guys! I hope this video was a lil helpful for you. Here are the bullet points if you wanted them in a list form. 🙂
1. Start with fundamentals.
2. Draw every day.
3. Start with pencil drawing rather than a more complicated medium when learning the basics.
4. Buy inexpensive student grade art supplies. Don’t purchase either the cheapest supplies (they’ll be horrible to work with) or the most expensive supplies (they won’t guarantee better pieces).
5. For digital painting, start with a small tablet (either a second-hand tablet or a good quality but inexpensive brand, like Huion) and with a free or inexpensive painting program (Krita or PaintoolSai)
6. Try drawing diverse subjects and techniques before hammering down on a specific style/look.
7. Seeing mistakes in your artwork is good!
8. The more you draw and fail, the more you’ll learn. Failure helps you learn what not to do in the future.
9. Don’t compare yourself to artists you look up to.
10. The more you practice and draw, the more you will inevitably reach your goals.
Website & Shop: https://www.sarucatepes.com/